1. Anadolu University Fine Arts Institute Journal of Art & Design is a national peerreviewed journal published to publish qualified scientific articles in the fields of Fine Arts such as Plastic Arts, Design, Architecture, Music, Performing Arts.
2. Anadolu University Fine Arts Institute Art & Design Journal takes care to protect the property and copyright of every published article and to keep a record of every copy.
3. Anadolu University Fine Arts Institute Art & Design Journal is published electronically 2 times a year with the status of "Peer-Reviewed Journal" on the ULAKBİM DergiPark platform.
4. The articles sent to the Journal for publication are subjected to editorial process in terms of the suitability of the purpose, scope, method and writing principles, and the manuscripts that can be published.
5. The article should state whether it is necessary to obtain legal / special permission. If the study covers the application made in an institution, it should be clearly stated on which date and with which decision the permission has been obtained from the relevant institution.
6. For the use of scales, questionnaires, and photographs of other authors, permission must be obtained from the owners, and this must be stated in the article (citing the source).
7. As a result of the analysis of the article with the programs, iThenticate etc., the total similarity level should be below 15%.
8. No fee is paid to the authors for the articles published in the journal.
9. Manuscripts submitted for publication should not go against the scientific publication ethics (plagiarism, forgery, distortion, republishing, slicing, unfair authorship, not specifying the supporting organization, noncomplying with ethical rules in studies on animals, etc.).
10. Manuscripts submitted to the journal must not have been published elsewhere or sent for publication.
11. Only those who contribute to the study should be considered as authors. At the end of the article, the conflict of interest with the authors' contribution rates should be declared.
12. Reviewers, in case of any doubt, should consult to the Editor to make a decision regarding the review process in case of any conflicts-of interest. Researchers from authors' institutions should not be considered as reviewers to prevent any conflicts-of-interest.
Scope of Ethical Rules Regarding Author, Reviewer and Editor
Authors:Only those who contribute to the study should be considered as authors.
Compliance of the articles with scientific and ethical rules is the responsibility of the authors.
At the end of the article, the conflict of interest with the authors' contribution rates should be declared.
In the articles, there should be a statement that the research and publication ethics are complied with.
The copyright regulations must be followed for the ideas and works of art used.
In case of direct quotation from other studies during the manuscript’s research process, the authors should be cited.
Bibliography list must be complete and the cited sources must be specified.
Author must undertake that the work is original and has not been published elsewhere in any language.
Multiple publications originating from a single research project should be clearly identified and referenced to the primary publication.
In case of that an author notices an error in her/his manuscript in theevaluation stage, s/he is obliged to inform the journal editor, and to cooperate with the editor in the correction or withdrawal processes.
A corresponding author should be selected from among the authors during the manuscript evaluation processes, and the corresponding author should undertake the communication with the issue editor.
Changes and adjustments made in the manuscript should be communicated to the all authors. This process is the responsibility of the corresponding author.
Author should cooperate in the evaluation process and respond to reviewer and editor requests in a timely and accurate manner.
Reviewers: Reviewers should be objective and conduct the reviews with privacy.
Reviewers should only accept the studies related to their field.
The review should aim to be constructive and polite and should not include offensive language.
The reviews should only be towards the study and the factors such as; religion, gender, race, ethnicity, political or corporate matters should not influence the outcome of the review.
The submissions accepted for review should be processed within the specified timing and in compliance with the ethical principles.
In the case of conflict of interests, the submission should be rejected and the editor-inchief should be notified.
The identity of the authors should be reached and the submissions of the authors whose identities are revealed should be rejected.
Reviewers are required to fill in the "Referee Evaluation Form" for the articles they evaluate. And they should include their final decision about the manuscript whether or not it should be published and why. Reddedilen çalışmaya dair hiçbir bilgi paylaşılmamalıdır. No information related to the rejected submissions should be shared or made public.
Editors: The editor is responsible for all articles published in the journal.
The editor is required to comply with the ethical responsibilities included in the ‘COPE Code of Conduct and Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors’ (https://publicationethics.org/files/Code_of_conduct_for_journal_editors_...) and the ‘COPE Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors’ (https://publicationethics.org/files/u2/Best_Practice.pdf) published by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) (https://publicationethics.org/) and listed below.
Field editor designated by the Editor-in-Chief of the field appoints at least 2 people from different institutions as reviewers to evaluate the article
The names of the Reviewers who evaluated the articles are not notified to the authors (blind peer review).
Editor or field editor, should be responsible to manage the review process and have the right of declining any submission in case of any conflict-of-interest.
The editor must request reviewers to assess the articles that are suitable for their knowledge and expertise. This way, it must be ensured that articles are appropriately assessed by people who are experts in their field.
The editor must constantly update the publication and writing rules and sample template regarding what is expected from authors.
Articles must include the submission and acceptance of publication dates.
S/he takes care to act in accordance with the principle of freedom of thought so that the works can be evaluated fairly and impartially.
S/he conducts business processes in accordance with intellectual property rights and ethical standards.
S/he strives to meet the information needs of readers and authors and constantly tries to ensure the development of the journal.
S/he protects the confidentiality of authors and reviewers and manages the reviewing process accordingly
Ethical Principles and Publication Policy